Graduate Career Services provides direct career and professional development services tailored to the needs of Master's and PhD students at the University of Virginia. These services supplement the career planning and professional development programs offered by academic departments and other support services on Grounds. Our function includes streamlining resources, keeping abreast of current trends, and collaborating with faculty, employers, and professionals in higher education and in other sectors of the economy.
- Individual career advising: 60 minute appointments designed to help students discover the broad range of career options for advanced degree holders.
- Job search materials creation and review: 30-60 minutes appointments to aid students in the creation of CV's, Resumes, Cover Letters, and other application materials.
- Mock interviews: 60 minute appointments that simulate a job interview setting. Students will answer interview questions and receive feedback on their responses.
All conversations are private and strictly confidential.
- Career development workshops: Large and small group workshops offered on a variety of career development topics.
- Professional development workshops: Large and small group workshops designed to aid student development in professional competency areas, include leadership, communication, and management.